Well, here it is, the end of 2007. I have lost the mileage competition with David. I gave it a good shot, but he's willing to push further than me and I am broken. I'll never ride again. My life is over.
Top Ten Reason's Why I Lost:
10) The support from my friends was so overwhelming I spent too much time emailing/blogging/texting
9) Matt discouraged me from riding in dangerous conditions, Abby encouraged David to get out there you pansy and beat Jenni's ass
8) Gray's crying voicemails
7) Matt's crying voicemails
6) David's crying voicemails
5) My feet froze and fell off and I couldn't find cleats that would attach to my stumps
4) My bike was sabotaged
3) I accumulated so much debris on my bike it turned into a salt pillar
2) I wore every garment I owned and still got cold, wet and miserable.
1) David just had more fight.
CONGRATULATIONS DAVID. YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!
Seriously, you helped push me further than I ever would have gone and that's awesome. And well, I didn't win, but damn I hope I maked you work for it (maybe just a little?) Now let's just ride together and I'll beat you up the next hill. (Or more likely down it, who are we kidding).
Good bye 2007!!!!!!