Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The next 10

I'm kind of nervous to say it, but I've decided to try to lose the next (and last) 10 lbs. I'm nervous because, well, I think it's going to be hard. When you have a bunch to lose, it comes off easily and quickly pretty much, well, as you're battling cravings and overcoming sedentary tendencies. I'm not going to be dealing with that so much, but I'm going to have to really, really work out. I've been kind of off and on the bike for sporadically, but it was easier because Gray was in camp, I had time to ride. Camp is now over so Gray is with me all day, I'll have to switch to the dreaded after-Matt-gets-home-from-work-when-I-least-feel-like-riding timeslot.
Not to mention that next week I'll be spending the week at Omega. http://www.eomega.org/
The good news about Omega is that I won't have to cook at all- their staff runs a vegetarian kitchen and serves only the most delicious vegetarian cooking. However, it's not necessarily the most low-cal delicious vegetarain cooking, and yes, while they offer a macrobiotic bar and plenty of salad/fruits/veggies, I struggle to pass up all the other amazing foods. Really, how often do I get someone cooking me veggie foods?
The upside is that this year I'm going to bring my bike. In my perfect world, I'll ride there. It's 90 miles away. And in my perfect world, I'll ride each day that I'm there- by waking up early. Huh?! I'll have to be up by sunrise to make that happen- every program starts by 8:30 I think, so the kids have to be up, dressed, fed, and delivered to their course sites. But more about Omega in a different post.
So, here comes the next 10. Wow, what have I gotten myself into? I start tomorrow.

No comments: