Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Biopsy results and Uncle Stevie

My update:
Ductal Carcinoma in Situ. I need to see a breast surgeon.
I can't bear to write anything else, I'm scared shitless.

UPDATE #2- 4:12 PM
Uncle Stevie is fine. Dr. Oz ended up doing a QUINTUPLE bypass- wow. Wow. He'll be moved to ICU in about an hour. Maybe by tomorrow we'll have a phone number/room number.


UPDATE#1
Just got off the phone with Mommy- Dr. Oz told her no one would even be coming out to talk to them until about 5 PM and after that Uncle Stevie will be in intensive care, so no one will be able to see him anyway. I won't try to go in today- I'll try tomorrow. Auntie and Vinny are there with Mommy and Paul and Bobby and Susan and of course Carol, so he's well-surrounded.

Hey Everyone,
Thank you for the calls and emails so far asking about my biopsy results. I don't know anything yet but when I do I'll let you know. I wasn't nervous until people started calling/texting/emailing and I've been talking about it all morning. So, yeah, let me let you know.
When I first started this process they said my biopsy was on Wednesday, I'd know by Friday. Then they said Tuesday. Then they said late afternoon Tuesday and when I just called they said it could be 5-10 business days, I think I could kill someone. I went off a little bit and said no one ever told me it would be that long. She said it was "standard" and I said, "If it's so standard why is this the first time I'm hearing it?". Ok see, I told you, I'm nervous and apparently a little punchy too.

Uncle Stevie- he just went into surgery, should take 3-6 hours. Mommy met with Dr. Oz too. I'm going to try to get in to see him tonight, I'll post more later or as we know anything. I won't start a new blog entry, I'm just going to update this one, so check back here. If you want to post notes for him, I'll make sure he gets them.

No comments: