Friday, September 19, 2008

Grateful

I'm going to do a quick update and then enjoy my time here at Auntie's house in PA. I had my second acupuncture treatment today, it went well. Ken declared that treatment is working! (As I just wrote that, a bald eagle flew directly in front of me, very close to the house. WOW WOW WOW).
So at one point, he had me lay down and when I did that, he noticed my belly button ring. He excitedly exclaimed that it had to come out, that it was very bad for the energy flow, and that I should take it out right now. I of course did, though I was giggling at his reaction, and because, well he makes me giggle. I took it out- goodbye my old friend. (Well I guess if you were hurting me you're not an old friend, but whatever). I got my bellybutton pierced more than 15 years ago and have had a ring in it ever since, except when I was pregnant. Onto helping it heal, more wheat germ oil. On that note, I did a lot of research about it and wheat germ really does wonders for the skin- if you have any scars, I highly recommend using it. The first thing Ken said to me when I walked in today was, "Have you been using the wheat germ?! I can tell!
I had my treatment after removing my ring and Ken came back into the room to chat for a minute. He put his hand on my shoulder and said, "You're gonna be ok". I reacted as I do when everyone tells me that and just said thanks. He said, "You ARE gonna be ok Jen. I have other patients with cancer and I wouldn't tell them that. You're gonna be ok." I start crying whenever I think about that. Such good stuff.

So I'm going to stay the course I've been on, avoiding simple sugars, eating lots of fruits and veggies and nuts and seeds and adding in some rice powder shakes for protein. I'll continue to eat salmon, but I just couldn't agree to Ken's request that I eat chicken.
The upside to this new way of eating is that I lost more than 5 lbs in the first week. Now actually this is the first time I've changed my eating and NOT wanted to lose weight, but whatever. If it means I'll be healthy, I'll take it.
Oh yeah, and Ken gave me a video of him teaching qiqong. I'm going to start learning tonight. As an aside, there are two Hershey bars in the refrigerator here and I think I'll have to throw them in the river to avoid eating them. Oh yeah and caramel syrup...I think I'd lick the bottom of a shoe if it was covered in caramel syrup!
The arrival of a curious black spider beneath my wrists seems to be signaling me to wrap this up. I'm going to meditate, go for a walk, do some rebounding (basically it's boucing on a small trampoline which I just found in Auntie's garage- yay!) and take a very hot steam or jacuzzi. (FYI- rebounding is supposed to be very beneficial for cleaning out the lymph- who knew just bouncing could do that?)

I'm grateful for your prayers and healing energy, grateful I have people around me who are helping me heal and sending me love, and I'm grateful for this time I can take to work on everything. Thank you thank you thank you.

No comments: