Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Palin is Failin'


I'm not even going to bother posting the whole first Couric interview and shore up the economy/healthcare debacle. That was painful to watch, though entertaining in an I-can't-look-away-from-this-train-wreck sort of way. I'd read already that Palin has made herself very inaccessible to the press, giving them mere seconds (literally) to observe her or speak with her. And then I saw this today.
What's remarkable about it to me is not just that she again has given Couric access to her, but that she 1) can't answer what newspaper she reads (obviously none) 2)falls for Katie's, "I'm just curious..." line without realizing she's being set up for a GOTCHA question. "Oh yah, it's just Katie, we're ghonna talk about some theengs".
McCain is 72. His father died of natural causes at 70, I think I read his grandfather died at like 60-something. Come on now- do the math!
I absolutely positively cannot wait for the VP debate. I think Palin will be polished, but I'm hoping that Biden will anticipate her stock answers and try to steer the debate to slightly more impromptu topics. It's gonna be fun.

No comments: