Sunday, November 16, 2008

Google Transit



Do you know of this Google Transit? What a god send to someone as directionally challenged as moi.
Here's the deal- you go to to http://www.google.com/transit. Input where you want to start, where you want to end and what time you either need to leave or arrive. It will then give you several options, whether walking or using public transit- it tells you want times each bus or train leaves, what number line, etc. and then a lovely map which of course comes with that zany Google street view. Google street view has spawned several websites dedicated to finding bizarre captures; perhaps your husband coming out of a strip club, alien facial distortions or removed heads, or this guy about to commit a crime-


Well anyway, I'm going to Portland on Friday for a very exciting weekend, I'll blog about that next, but in the meantime I'm planning my trip and have been fully utilizing Google Transit to plan how I'm going to get from the airport to my friend's house, and how to get to my appointment. Here's an example of what it looks like when you've got your completed route- I arbitrarily put in Empire State Building to World Trade Center.



Thank you dear computer nerds of the world for making my heretofore atrophied sense of direction become utterly anachronistic and vestigial.

No comments: