Friday, December 7, 2007

What's on your wishlist?


You know what's funny about this blog? A whole bunch of my friends read it, but very few actually post. I get so many more emails responding to things I've written. Makes me giggle.
Anyway, I read something yesterday about what-not-to-get-teachers. I am always so relieved to read that they cautioned against the coffee mug. Or things with apples on them. I couldn't agree more. It's not that we don't appreciate gifts, we really really do. It's just that we've already gotten 50 coffee mugs. It's good because most teachers drink a gallon of coffee a day. So anyway, I'm musing outloud here about my wish list...feel free to add your own. Or email it to me privately. (:O)

My list is entirely self-indulgent and cost-neglectful. Of course I want health for myself and family and friends and world peace and all that stuff.

Carton-o-warmers- I learned the bulk thing from Gerry- he buys energy bars by the carton and then has plenty for his never ending season. I'd like to set up a similar thing- I'm thinking specifically chemical hand/foot warmers. That way I don't feel guilty using them non-sparingly. (huh?)

new bike computer- I'll admit it- I want the ridiculous expensive new Garmin that's coming out. But it'll be after Christmas so I guess it'll have to go on my birthday list.

one wheelcover for my 2005 Toyota Matrix- after my new tires were installed I drove away and so did my wheelcover, only we went two separate places. Or I'll settle for four new shiny rims- purchaser's choice

cross-country skis! Oh, and the snow to go with them

portable dvd player- these are so great when you've got kids

bike box- to travel with baby

geology field guide- minerals specifically

I want blue tires!! Not just navy blue, I want the color above. Make/model not important, it's all about the color. I've been sporting pink for a while and I love them. Actually, it would be more ideal to have two new wheels so I don't have to change the tires. Don't laugh, I'd totally buy new wheels to be able to switch tire color at a whim.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

>>Carton-o-warmers- I learned the bulk thing from Gerry- he buys energy bars by the carton and then has plenty for his never ending season.<<

I do that too, only with Sharkies and Gu.

>>I'd like to set up a similar thing- I'm thinking specifically chemical hand/foot warmers. That way I don't feel guilty using them non-sparingly. (huh?)<<

Course these are $5.00 a pop not $1.00 and are bad for the environment,

Jenni said...

DOH

Anonymous said...

I wish one of your polls did not ask if I am old.