Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day 1

Day 1 is just about over and as is typically the case for dieting, it's relatively easy- motivation is high, planning was great, food was prepared, and it was a gorgeous evening for exercise.
For breakfast I had miso soup with tofu and seaweed- I wasn't going especially out of my way to have it- it was left over from dinner the other day and it's one of my favorite tree-hugger breakfasts.
Lunch was veggie chickn strips with undressed green leaf lettuce and tomatoes with strawberry applesauce and water
Dinner- two veggie dogs (Um, hello they're 45 calories each!) on light hot dog rolls with sauerkraut and mustard and a little ketchup. This is definitely a satisfying dinner- the rolls are only 80 calories each, and I usually cut some of it off anyway. I ate some almonds for a snack, had a plain veggie burger as a snack in the ravenous after-school hours, and a bunch of carrot sticks for mid-day snacks. Oh and of course coffee.
After work Gray and I had a spirited walk around the block and thensome, then after he and Matt went to walk the dog, I kept walking for about 45 minutes more. It's not the killer workout I'll be doing soon, but it was good for today.
And I weighed in this morning too- it definitely could've been worse.

Good: I stayed on course, avoided the afternoon fatigue that sometimes cripples my workout efforts, and did not eat the candy that was brought to me after lunch. I drank plenty of water and didn't eat after 7.

Delta: I actually didn't each enough calories. I don't want to do that again, even though I wasn't hungry.
My leg is still hurting- bending it is painful, especially going down stairs. I'm keeping it wrapped and it's definitely getting better.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Great evening, yes! Makes me wish I didn't work nights, lol. I got stuck working out in that nasty humidity :(

I'll see you Saturday. I'm coming to your ride.