Sunday, December 21, 2008

Such a fun night


What fun last night was. I was supposed to go dancing with my friends Vanessa and Angelique but we changed plans and decided not to venture out into all this snow. Then I went to Toga and chatted with Tony for a bit- I've known him for 3 years or so and never hung out- he's got this energy about him, one of those people that knows everyone, that you feel instant friendship. He also happens to give phenominal hugs.
Anyway, when I should have been finishing my Christmas shopping, I instead took a gorgeous hike at Hook Mountain in Nyack (which actually was flat and right along the Hudson) in the bitter bitter cold- I felt invigorated by climbing through the deep snow, feeling the stinging air numb my face and fronts of my thighs. What a workout it was! Got to pet a few doggies, always a plus in my day, then came home for a bit and decided to take Tony up on his offer to dance.
We met at Casa del Sol to listen to a local favorite, Frankie D. We danced. And danced. And danced. I met the band, I was almost cajoled into playing the congas but thankfully my performance anxiety won and I got to go back to dancing.
Saw an old friend I have missed, met some new friends, and had just the most fun time. A much needed catharsis I have to say. And I think it's the first time I've been out in that sort of situation since I've given up alcohol, not that alcohol has ever been particularly prominent in my life. I didn't miss it at all. It's just as much fun to watch other people embibe. Though the desire to stop for a slice of pizza was nearly overwhelming...that one I still struggle with.

No comments: